Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wrapping up...

I don’t have a whole lot to say today. I hope that’s alright. Many of you have read all or most of my really lengthy blogs and for that I want to thank you. It’s been great to have an outlet for my thoughts and feelings, and even better knowing that someone other than my parents actually reads them! I hope that in some way you have been able to live vicariously through me and experience even a smidgen of the joy, satisfaction, and love that I have felt in this place. Now the trick will be to transfer all of these lessons to my life back in Phoenix and persist in pursuing God’s continuing will for my life. These kids are too much a part of who I am though for me to leave and never return. God willing I will be back, in due time. A teacher does get a couple months off in the summers you know! Maybe some of you would like to come with me next time (wink wink)!

With only a couple children left to introduce you to, here is one of our extremely precious and soft-spoken young ones. Aseidu is 6 years old and in P1. He is smart and helpful, and despite his quietness, even the older kids love and respect him. He has been such a joy and a constant source of smiles over the last 9 months.

2 comments:

kjliston said...

You continue to inspire us all. We can not wait to see you!!!
Love You!!
Aunt Kimmie

truth hope heal family nature eternity laurie said...

Dear Lindsay,

Just yesterday, my morning study time focused in on a few verses in 2 Corinthians which I will get to in a moment. But first, here is the background for my comments.....I was visiting my Aunt Tommie, 82 years young and just a treasure of a woman. As I was leaving she said that God had been very good to her and she thought she probably should be doing something more with her life than reading and completing crossword puzzles. Well, she has a massive aortic aneurysm that could blow at any moment so my thought was reading was just fine ; - ). But, her words stuck in my head as to how they apply to me.

I realized that on some days, my life is working from 7 - 4ish and coming home to have dinner, check email, watch 1/2 hour or so of TV, and maybe write some letters or clean up the yard. UGH!!!! is all I can think of! There has to be more than that.

Now, back to 2 Corinthians, specifically 6:4 - 7....here is my paraphrase for me.....In everything I do, I want to show myself as a true believer, proving to be what I claim to be....wholesome, patient, kind, loving, spirit filled, truthful and God-knowledgeable.

I completed my study time and was energized and more focused than I have recently been. I can't wait to see what the Lord will do as I claim this verse. I want to look back and know that my life reflected proof of what I claim to be.

I am praying this verse for you this week and thanking Him that YOU, Lindsay Hendrix, a child of the King and teacher at Haven of Hope, have proven to be what you claim to be.

HE LIVES!!!!!!! Laurie